Oneproblem

It is so turned around these days.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

So here I am.....

sitting on my front porch bloggin'. We got a new laptop and wireless router. I am so 2004. Anyway, sorry for being quiet on the blogging front. I have been trying to figure out how I want to spend my time lately. Part of it has been focused on songwriting. I have been forever writing snippets of music that I really think are cool but have yet to string anything into a complete song. I guess maybe I am too critical of anything I record. So in an effort to get me to finish a song, one of my bass students (I give lessons), actually gave me some homework. It was quite funny and humbling at the same time. He says, "BJ, it's just a matter of priority. Make a list of what yet needs to be done on your songs (homework)and then make an effort get them checked off." It is so simple and yet so true. He wrote the list for me. I think I like to play and write for fun, but when it comes time to actually work on writing something then it becomes, well, work. But I am actually focussed on some of these ideas and hope to birth them soon. I am planning on having demos recorded by the end of the year (having a studio in my basement makes that easy). I am planning on putting them up here for your consumption. And possibly a "myspace" as well.....myspace scares me though. But I would love to get some feedback from you when the time comes. Also, does anybody know of any Peoria area "open mics?" I would like to start playing out again. Peace.

4 Comments:

At 10:14 PM, Blogger JasonS said...

Unwritten songs are a drag. I've got scads of the boogers floating around is seven or eight different notebooks. Too many interests, not enough time...

Re: open mic nights...we routinely have coffee-house-type affairs at the Hartseil Center in Morton (i.e., New Life). I've played there a couple of times to stretch my acoustic legs and it's a pretty nice environment (read: no second-hand smoke). Love to have you. Usually a hundred or so folks in attendance. Just zap me a note if you're interested.

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Common Sense Dude said...

If you don't mind a bar setting, I think the Red Barn has some kind of open mic night on Friday evenings. I don't know what it takes to get on stage, but you something you can look into.

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger BJ Aberle said...

where is the Red Barn?

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger Jeremy said...

i want a BJ Aberle record!

love,
jerry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home