Oneproblem

It is so turned around these days.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

I don't understand.



I am seeing more and more people wearing these clog things lately. Please stop. I don't understand their appeal. Even my wife, who has a great sense of style, doesn't even get this. Maybe you own a pair or are contemplating purchasing. Please don't. They are not cool. They don't look cool. They don't make you look any cooler. And for the dude in Wal-Greens yesterday....you know who you are..... they certainly did not look cool with those white socks!! I think this is a big joke that some maniacal Norwegians are playing on unsuspecting Americans.


I go a whole week without blogging and this is the only thing I can come up with?!?!? sad.

8 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Blogger Pammy said...

They are, indeed, dorky-lookin.

Unfortunately, I bought a pair....JUST to use as beach shoes when we went to Florida. And now I'm hooked.

They're quite possibly the MOST comfortable things I've ever had on my feet...except nothing.
And as one who's feet are almost as wide as they are long, COMFORT is what it's all about, baby.

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger BJ Aberle said...

But do you wear white socks with them? I guess this is a case of function before fashion. I may try a pair to see what the fuss is about. I doubt I will purchase though.

 
At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Crap! I hate those things. My grandmother wears them... my kids wear them... they are the absolute ugliest pair of shoes I've ever seen, no matter what the color. Thank goodness my wife hasn't bought a pair, I don't know what I would do.

Sorry, Pammy, comfortable or not, they should be banned... which gives me a good maniacal plan- take pictures of my kids wearing those things, so when they get older and start to date, I can bring out one of those "no, dad, PLEASE don't show him THAT picture!"

 
At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes Beej. Very Lame.

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger PeoriaIllinoisan said...

Saw my sister yesterday... wearing a pair. I didn't say anything.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Laura Petelle said...

They're allegedly ridiculously comfortable. People who work on their feet all day - nurses on wards, retail folks, kitchen staff - wear them a lot. They're also antimicrobial or something so they don't stink after a 10-hour shift.

I keep saying I'm going to try a pair because everyone who has them swears by them, but I can't get past the ugly ....

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger Common Sense Dude said...

A passing fad. It will probably go the way of the leg warmers and Swatch wrist watches.

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger BJ Stone said...

I have a part-time employee who swears by their comfort as well.

I said, "yeah, '77 Ford LTD's were 'comfortable', too, but you wouldn't want to be caught driving one based on the ugly factor, right?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home