Oneproblem

It is so turned around these days.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Dreams do come true

When I was in 6th grade I recieved U2's "The Unforgettable Fire" as a Christmas gift. My life was forever changed. As I sat mezmorized by what I was hearing I read the liner notes over and over. There were 2 names that were not members of the band but at the age of11 or 12 I realized that they had a lot to do with what I was hearing. One was Brian Eno and the other was Daniel Lanois. In high school I saw both names again on The Joshua Tree, and then on Peter Gabriels records. It was then that I realized I was not only a fan of the artists of Lanois but also a fan of Daniel Lanois himself. But as years progress and I began to make records being a fan turned into a deep respect for him and his body of work. I had seen him perform onece in Nashville and was green with envy when my friends got to meet him. My friend Marc and I got to go see him a couple of weeks ago and I got to meet one of my heroes. Although I wish we could have talked for longer, it was still great to meet him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home